Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

W.H. Hill

06 November 2009

1835 – Courthouse, Cork

Architect: George Pain / W.H. Hill Originally designed by the Pains in 1835, though built by the Deane family of architects. The interior was destroyed by a fire in 1891 and subsequently redesigned...

06 November 2009

1890 – Former Woodford Bourne Store, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Turning the important corner of Patrick Street into Grand Parade, the former store of Woodford Bourne is now a fastfood outlet. Over each window on the main shopfront can be...

06 November 2009

1927 – No 48-49 St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Former Burtons store on St. Patrick’s Street now in use by another retailer with upper floors used as storage. A very unsympathetic shop fa├žade does this fine stone building no...

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Unusually designed buildings along Pearse Square dating from 1908 which show some Art Nouveau influences yet with the incredibly narrow facades resemble buildings from Amsterdam canal-banks.

05 November 2009

1872 – Kilmaloda House, Timoleague, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Kilmaloda House, near Timoleague, was originally the residence of Sampson Beamish and his descendants. After World War II the MacCarthy-Morrogh family occupied the house. “We illustrate with present issue a...

05 November 2009

1891 – Former Bank, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Former branch of the Provincial Bank, later merged into Allied Irish Banks.