Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wales

08 February 2013

1862 – Former Probate Registry, Cardiff Road, Llandaff, Wales

Architect: John Prichard Grade 2 listed, and now in use as commercial offices. From The Building News: “This building has a recessed porch communicating with a vestibule, to the right of which is...

26 October 2012

1884 – Church, Wrexham, Wales

Architect: E.M. Bruce Vaughn Design for new church in Southsea, Wrexham, published in The Building News, October 24th 1884. In 1926, it was decided to demolish this building, and replace it with a...

15 September 2012

1872 – University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Wales

Architect: J.P. Seddon Founded in 1872 as University College Wales, Aberystwyth became a founder member of the University of Wales in 1894. The original university building, next to the sea, known as “Old...

31 August 2012

1892 – Selected design for Llanelli Town Hall, Wales

Architect: William Griffiths Selected design after a competition for a new town hall for Llanelli. In August 1892, the architect Charles Barry, appointed official adjudicator, considered the twentyfive plans submitted. The winning design...

15 April 2012

1475 – St Padarn’s Church, Llanbadarn Fawr, Wales

Architect: The site has been used for Christian worship since it was founded by Saint Padarn in the 6th century[1]. It was rebuilt in the thirteenth century after a fire, and is a...

27 March 2012

1876 – Proposed New Infirmary, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: Bell & Roper Sketch of administration block and block plans, as published in The Building News, May 26th 1876.

23 January 2012

1888 – Albany Road Schools, Plasnewydd, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: A. Llewellyn Batchelor Designed for Cardiff School Board, perpective view published in The Building News, February 3rd 1888.

08 March 2011

1871 – Terrace, Aberystwyth, Wales

Architect: J.P. Seddon Published in The Building News, March 17 1871.

07 March 2011

1883 – Grange Bridge, Rhyl, North Wales

Architect: B. Nelson Elevations, sections & details published in The Building News, December 7th, 1883