Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wales

08 June 2009

1846 – Britannia Bridge, Anglesey, Wales

Architect: Robert Stephenson The increasing popularity of rail travel necessitated a second bridge over the straits to provide a direct rail link between London and the port of Holyhead. The task of building...

08 June 2009

1906 – Alms Houses, The Hendre, Monmouth, Wales

Architect: Aston Webb

08 June 2009

1906 – Parish Church, Buckley, Wales

Architect: Douglas & Minhull

08 June 2009

1906 – Seaview, Swansea, Wales

Architect: Harold Kennard

08 June 2009

1894 – Restoration of Welsh Churches

Architect: Seddon & Carter St.Mary’s, Chepstow; All Saints, Penarth; & Welsh Church, Britton Ferry.

08 June 2009

1895 – Saint Michael’s Church, Beguildy, Wales

Architect: W.R. Bryden The church of Saint Michael’s is mainly 14th century and was restored considerably in the late 19th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1885 and the nave restored in 1896....

08 June 2009

1883 – Tyn e Coed, Merioneth, Wales

Architect: Harry Beck View of the garden front, published in The Building News, October 19th 1883.

08 June 2009

1883 – House, Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales

Architect: Ernest Newton

08 June 2009

1904 – Cottages, Abergele, Wales

Architect: William & Segar Owen