Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Warwickshire

06 June 2014

1899 – Cannon Street Hotel, Birmingham

Architect: Bateman & Bateman “The plans make this design explicit — Portland stone, with Berkshire bricks and green slates, being the materials, with a good deal of ironwork in the construction. Building operations...

22 May 2014

1898 – Residence, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire

Architect: R.S. Oldacre “The accompanying illustration represents the front view of a residence which has just been erected at Sutton Coldfield. The materials used wore local bricks, with best pressed red bank bricks...

18 June 2013

1919 – Design for War Memorial, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: T. Llewelyn Daniel & Raymond E. Arnold Unbuilt design, selected after an architectural competition, for a war memorial and small plaza at Euston Place in Leamington Spa. Published in The Building News,...

20 May 2013

1862 – Woodcote, Leek Wootton, Warwickshire

Architect: John Gibson The new house of 1862 was built in practically the same position as the old with stables, farm buildings and a kitchen garden in much the same place. The gardens...

20 May 2013

1920 – “The Swan’s Nest”, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire

Architect: Frederick A. Walker From The Building News, December 17 1920: “The accompanying illustration denotes the proposed enlargement of tho present inn, which was originally built as a manor house in the seventeenth...

20 May 2013

1879 – St. Marks Church, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) St. Marks Church completed in 1879 with later additions and alterations including C20 buildings to north. Erected in memory of Dame Francis Wheeler, endowed by her brothers Charles...

09 May 2013

1869 – Harrington House, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Commissioned by a Major Seel, it cost him £27,000, an enormous sum in those days. Through lack of funds he was unable to complete the furnishings, and never lived...

24 March 2013

1862 – Ettington Park, Warwickshire

Architect: John Prichard Belonging to the Shirley family for hundreds of years, in 1858, Evelyn Philip Shirley, “finding the property in much need of repair”, decided to carry out a major rebuilding programme....

24 March 2013

1861 – St. Cuthbert’s, Albrighton, Warwickshire

Architect: J.R. Veall From The Building News, May 24, 1861: “This building, the residence of Frederick Walton, Esq., of the Old Hall Works, Wolverhampton, has been lately completed at Albrighton, a village on...