Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Warwickshire

06 July 2011

1884 – Birmingham and Midland Eye Hospital

Architect: Payne & Talbot Construction on the eye hospital began in 1881 in the Gothic Revival style and was completed in 1884. The building was used as offices and not as a hospital...

02 February 2011

1875 – Church of St. Catherine of Siena, Birmingham

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Published in The Building News, October 29th 1875.

02 February 2011

1876 – Design for Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Stratford on Avon, Warwickshire

Architect: Fred W. Roper Competative Design for Shakespeare Memorial Theatre – later designed and built by Dodgshun & Unsworth. West Elevation with Plan published in The Building News, July 21st 1876.

21 October 2010

1887 – The Peoples Chapel, Great King Street, Birmingham

Architect: Crouch & Butler Front Perspective published in The Architect, December 30th 1887. Designedfor The Rev. A. Clifton Mogg.

21 October 2010

1888 – County Brewery, Aston New Town, Birmingham

Architect: Essex & Nichol Designed for Mr. W. King and published in The Architect, February 10th 1888.

21 October 2010

1886 – Working Boy’s Home, Deritend, Birmingham

Architect: E.J. Yates Designed for for the Rev. A. Clifton Mogg,and published in The Architect, December 30th 1887.

21 October 2010

1885 – New Premises, Parade & Edward Street, Birmingham

Architect: Oliver Essex Perspective View published in The Architect, April 4th 1885.

21 September 2010

1898 – Court Hey, Moseley, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: William de Lacy Aherne In 1898 de Lacy Aherne was commissioned to build a series of houses by his father-in-law, whose local contacts in the Moseley area were helpful to the rising...

14 September 2010

1880 – Jevons & Mellor, Corporation Street, Birmingham

Architect: Kirk & Sons Perspective view of Jevons and Mellor’s new premises on Corporation Street as published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880.