Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Waterford

13 November 2009

1875 – Former National Bank, Waterford

Architect: Brett & Sons Elaborate commercial premises designed in a Ruskinian Gothic as offices for the National Bank of Ireland. In good repair, the building has decorative polychromic brickwork above a granite ground...

13 November 2009

1876 – Post Office, Waterford

Architect: James Ryan or E.T. Owen Designed by the relatively unknown James Ryan, who may according to some historians have spent time in the Board of Public Works, or possibly by E.T. Owen...

13 November 2009

1875 – Bank of Ireland, Waterford

Architect: Sandham Symes Imposing late 19th century bank building with living accommodation in the upperfloors. The interior boasts quite a tall banking hall. The bank retains important salient features and materials, and is...

13 November 2009

1874 – St Saviour’s Dominican Church, Waterford

Architect: George Goldie A curious church, the classical facade marred by the asymmetrical placing of the belltower, the entire building feels disjointed. Designed by George Goldie of the well known London firm of...

13 November 2009

1845 – St. John’s Church, Waterford

Architect: John B. Keane A well designed and maintained Gothic Revival church, the exterior of the church has high quality local stone masonry, particularly to the carved stone detailing which retains its detail....

13 November 2009

1854 – Clock, Waterford

Architect: Charles Tarrant Well detailed clocktower and public water fountain, with water troughs for horses, maintained in good order. Built by public subscription. Completed 1861 with a clock costing £78-10s donated by Corporation...

13 November 2009

1885 – Former Greyfriar’s Church, Waterford

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew An appealing small-scale Gothic Revival Methodist Church, designed by Sir Thomas Drew. Although extensively re-modelled to the interior to accommodate its present use as an art gallery, the exterior...

13 November 2009

1841 – Assembly House, Waterford

Architect: Thomas Jackson Fine classical building of five bays, originally designed as a bank, the central three projecting, with crisp Corinthian pilasters and a blank pediment above. The building is crisply detailed with...

13 November 2009

1834 – Franciscan Friary Church, Waterford

Architect: Terence O’Reilly An imposing church in the Classical style, which dominates the streetscapes of both narrow lanes on to which it is sited. The soaring tower also serves to identify the church...