Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Waterford

13 November 2009

1746 – Bishop’s Palace, Waterford

Architect: John Roberts Designed by local architect John Roberts, this is one of a cluster of his building in the immediate vicinity: City Hall and Christchurch Cathedral being adjacent. Built in a very...

13 November 2009

1240 – Greyfriars Abbey, Waterford

Founded by the Franciscans around 1240, only the nave, chancel and an aisle remain of the original complex. It has a fine triple light east window. After the Dissolution, it was used for...

13 November 2009

1226 – Black Friars Abbey, Waterford

According to Lewis’s Topographical Dictionary “A monastery for Dominican or Black Friars, called also Friars Preachers, who were introduced into Ireland in 1226, was founded by the citizens, who for that purpose applied...

13 November 2009

1230c – Reginald’s Tower, Waterford

Reginald’s Tower is a circular tower, part of the town’s defences, built in the beginning of the 13th century, with a second phase in the 15th century. It was also used as a...

06 June 2009

Roberts, John (1712-1796)

John Roberts was born in Waterford in 1712. His father was a local builder and although he may have learn some basic skills from him, his formal education is unclear. It is believed...

Pages:« Prev1234