Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Westmoreland Street Dublin

15 December 2011

1799 – Design for Westmoreland St., Dublin

Architect: Henry Baker Approved design for the Wide Streets Commissioner for facade treatement to Westmoreland Street. A further design was what was eventually constructed. Also illustrated in the design for where D’Olier and...

26 April 2010

1866 – No.14 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Designed for the Scottish Equitable Insurance Company, hence presumedly the vague Scottish Baronial style of the building.

17 February 2010

1894 – No.22 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan A very prominent building on the end of the triangle formed by D’Olier and Westmoreland Streets and facing right down the centre of O’Connell Street. Designed to look like a...

10 February 2010

1790 – Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Leading from College Green to O’Connell street and named after John Fane, tenth Earl of Westmoreland and Lord Lieutenant 1790-94. One of the last streets to be laid out by the Wide Streets...

10 February 2010

1935 – Nos. 35-36 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Arnold F. Hendy Built as the Pearl Life Assurance building, it was gutted and merged into one large development in the late 1990s. This meant the demolition of the interiors of half...

10 February 2010

1935 – Nos.1-3 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes On an important corner site adjoining the Bank of Ireland in College Green, this office building is curiously un-noticeable. With its brickwork and stone trimmings, the building seems modern...

10 February 2010

1870 – Nos.3-4 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Designed as the Cramer Wood Music Store, this building has fine polychromatic brickwork and stone trimmings. Originally the doorway was offcentre, to the righthandside of the building but it...

10 February 2010

1875 – Scottish Widows, Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane Orginally built in 1875 with some minor additions in 1879 for Scottish Widows, this was for many years a bank branch of AIB. It has a magnificent sandstone facade...

10 February 2010

1886 – No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by G.C. Ashlin to resemble a French Renaissance corner pavilion, this building was the result of an architectural competition for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company....