Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

W.H. Byrne

09 April 2014

1892 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Louth, Co. Louth

Architect: W.H. Byrne Constructed between 1890 to 1892, extensively fire damaged in 2005, started during renovation work, leaving only the exterior walls and spire standing. Re-opened with modern interior. “The materials are local...

01 September 2013

1903 – Mary Immaculate College, Limerick

Architect: W.H. Byrne The College was established as a dedicated primary teacher training college in 1898 by Bishop Edward Thomas O’Dwyer, Roman Catholic Bishop of Limerick and the Sisters of Mercy. Its foundation...

08 August 2013

1894 – De La Salle College, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Byrne The De La Salle Brothers arrived in the city in 1870 and opened a successful primary school at Patrick Street in Waterford city. In 1887, the search began for a...

15 April 2013

1899 – Carmelite Abbey, Loughrea, Co. Galway

Architect: W.H. Byrne Church of 1820, by an unknown architect, under the supervision of Fr Gannon, the superior at the time, who also supervised the construction of the monastery and the convent. Renovated...

26 March 2013

1868 – Church of the Sacred Heart, The Crescent, Limerick

Architect: William E. Corbett / W.H. Byrne Designed by local architect William Edward Corbett, but possibly to plans by Charles Geoghegan. The new church was to be incorporated into the Georgian terrace, t-shaped,...

06 November 2012

1895 – Presbytery, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: W.H. Byrne Solid late-Victorian house with bay windows on several sides, and rather awkward decorative pediments over paired ground-floor windows..

05 April 2012

1843 – Conciliation Hall, Burgh Quay, Dublin

Architect: Peter Martin / W.H. Byrne The Conciliation Hall built as a meeting place for Daniel O’Connell’s Loyal National Repeal Association. In 1897, it was rebuilt as a concert hall by W.H. Byrne...

28 March 2011

1902 – Former Bank, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Former branch of the Hibernian Bank, later the Bank of Ireland. The building has fine, tiling, panelling and ceiling mouldings intact. The large wooden bank counter is sadly gone.

15 June 2010

1898 – Church of the Holy Redeemer, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architects: Patrick Byrne, W.H. Byrne Originally designed by Patrick Byrne in 1852, the church was heavily remodeled in 1898 by W.H. Byrne. Since then a new fa├žade and tower have been added giving...

Pages:123Next »