Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

W.H. Byrne

01 April 2010

1922 – No. 58 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne No. 58 (left hand building in photograph) was rebuilt in 1922 but is unfortunately missing its original stone shopfront. The original had horizontally channelled stone with round headed windows and...

18 February 2010

1888 – Former Dockrells, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Former hardware store, now sub-divided into multiple premises. Slated for redevelopment with facade retention and the addition of an attic storey.

18 February 2010

1881 – South City Markets, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Lockwood & Mawson South City Markets takes up an entire block of the city and is surrounded on all side by a network of small busy commercial streets. The building is heavily...

28 January 2010

1899 – Church of The Assumption, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Positioned on a dominant site in the town, the Catholic Church of 1899 is incomplete. The original designs included a spire which in true Dublin style was never completed. Many...

26 January 2010

1904 – St. Joseph’s Church, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Large and relatively uninteresting Gothic revival church started in 1904 but later extended in 1952, leaving the altar in the centre of the long nave, and two main entrance fronts....

26 January 2010

1860 – Church of the Three Patrons, Rathgar, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The Church of the Three Patrons, Rathgar Road was built between 1860 and 1862 and was one of the last buildings of Patrick Byrne who built many churches in Dublin....

26 January 2010

1854 – Mary Immaculate Refuge of Sinners Church, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne / W.H. Byrne Built in 1854 “in the greek style” by Patrick Byrne and later extended by W.H. Byrne who added the portico and pediment. This pediment is inscribed “Mariae...

07 January 2010

1770 – Tholsel, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: George Darley / W.H. Byrne Used for over one hundred years as a bank branch, the Tholsel is a stern and forbidding building in appearance. It is a tall and narrow building,...

06 June 2009

William Henry Byrne (1844-1917)

Studied under J.J. McCarthy before establishing a partnership with John O’Neill as O’Neill & Byrne in 1869. After the death of O’Neill in 1883, he practised alone as W.H. Byrne until 1902. He...

Pages:« Prev12