Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

W.H. Lynn

17 February 2010

1904 – Former Bank, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn Fabulous over-the-top facade with polished marble columns spanning two floors over a heavy sandstone ground floor. Constructed for the Royal Bank of Ireland.

16 February 2010

1893 – Former Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn A former branch of the Allied Irish Bank in a striking red sandstone and with an unusual circular corner tower. A fine interior hall contains a balcony level (perhaps to...

08 October 2009

Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church, Belfast on World Monuments Fund list

The World Monuments Fund highlights sites in need of regeneration. Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church in Belfast has been derelict for 20 years despite its symbolic position between Catholic and Protestant communities has been...

30 September 2009

1878 – New Chateau, Quebec City

Architect: W.H. Lynn Irish architect W.H. Lynn was brought over to Quebec in 1875 by the Governor General, Lord Dufferin, and he produced several designs for gates and towers on the Quebec city...

29 September 2009

1858 – Rossmore Castle, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architects: William Vitruvius Morrison / W.H. Lynn Also known as Rossmore Park, Rossmore Castle was a 19th century castle of great size and variety. Originally built in 1827 to the designs of William...

29 September 2009

1870 – Castle Leslie, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Castle Leslie stands on the site of an earlier castle and was designed by Charles Lanyon and W.H. Lynn in 1870 for John Leslie MP. Designed in the...

24 September 2009

1900 – Bank Buildings, Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: W.H. Lynn A large cast iron structure clad in red Dumfries stone, this is one of the most impressive of the Belfast commercial buildings of the turn of the century. Designed by...

24 September 2009

1927 – St. Ann’s Church of Ireland Cathedral, Belfast

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew, W.H. Lynn St Anne’s Cathedral is built on the site of St Anne’s Church – Belfast’s first Church of Ireland parish. St Anne’s Church existed from 1776 (foundation stone...

24 September 2009

1888 – Belfast Central Library

Architect: W.H. Lynn Designed by W.H. Lynn after an architectural competition held in 1882, the building was completed in 1888. A monumental red sandstone building, the Library has a fine central domed reading...