Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Wide Streets Commissioners

02 July 2013

1800 – D’Olier & Westmoreland, Dublin

Where D’Olier and Westmoreland Streets meet the quays and Carlisle Bridge was designed as an important architectural setpiece by the Wide Streets Commissioners. As a high profile location, the buildings were always going...

31 January 2013

1790s – Unbuilt Wide Streets Commission Approach & Entrance to Dublin Castle

Unbuilt plan by the Wide Streets Commissioners for a new ceremonial entrance to the Lower Yard of Dublin Castle and street to the “round church” – St. Andrew’s. The entrance at the Lower...

21 September 2012

1757 – Bedford Square, Dublin

Bedford Square was intended as the first scheme of the Wide Streets Commissioners, but was never developed despite appearing on several maps including Rocque’s Map of Dublin. The site at Cork Hill was...

15 December 2011

1792 – Design for Royal Circus, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Cunningham Design for a quadrant terrace of houses around a planned Royal Circus to be built in the Gardiner Estate on the northside of Dublin. This was never constructed but would...

13 December 2011

1795c – Design for Mountjoy Square, Dublin

Architect: Unexecuted design for west side of Mountjoy Square.

13 December 2011

1789 – Designs for Foster Place, Dublin

Architect: Richard Johnston Design for elevation of west side of Foster Place, Dublin, conecting with the facade of Daly’s Clubhouse development on Dame Street.

13 December 2011

1791 – Design for Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Sherrard Design for part of north side of Dame Street, going westwards from Anglesea Street. Abandoned when part of the site was developed for Commercial Buildings.

21 September 2010

1780 – Design for houses on Sackville Street, Dublin

Design for a terrace of houses on Sackville Street, now O’Connell Street.

07 July 2010

1790 – No. 38 Dame Street, Dublin

One of the original plots of Dame Street from when it was widened by the Wide Streets Commissioners, No. 38 also retains its original ground floor facade. Originally many of the streets widened...

Pages:12Next »