Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Atkins

21 August 2013

1851 – St. Maries of the Isle Mercy Convent, Sharman Crawford St., Cork

Architect: William Atkins Published in The Building News, December 7 1850. Constructed in red sandstone with limestone dressings. The proposed spire was never completed. Described at the time of constructed as: “This building...

27 February 2013

1845 – Leamy House, Upper Hartstonge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Atkins Selected after an architectural competition, Atkins’s designs for the former Leamy School are in a Tudor Revival style with a central crenellated tower.

13 December 2011

1847 – The Eglinton Lunatic Asylum, Cork

Architect: William Atkins Originally designed as three separate ranges spectactularly sited overlooking the river Lee. Constructed between 1847 and 1852, the ranges were linked by low arcades which also linked a chapel and...

06 November 2009

1889 – Holy Trinity & Capuchin Monastery, Cork

Architect: George Pain / William Atkins / Dominic J. Coakley / Robert Walker This fabulous church fa├žade took many years to realise. Originally commissioned by Fr Mathew in 1825 from George Pain, the...

06 November 2009

1850 – St. Mary’s Priory, Cork

Architect: William Atkins Sited alongside the classical St. Mary’s catholic church, the priory by William Atkins is a mixture of classical and victorian institutional gothic. It may have been a Georgian house with...