Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Batt

05 March 2014

1882 – Town Hall, Downpatrick, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Quite a dour brick structure in a Gothic style. Constructed on the site of old market house and assembly rooms. Gothic. Erected for and paid for by local MP John...

05 March 2014

1886 – Downshire Schools, Hillsborough, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Funded by the Marquess of Downshire. No longer in use as a school, converted into apartments. Published in The Irish Builder, November 15 1886.

02 March 2014

1887 – Ballynafeigh Orange Hall, Ormeau Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt William Batt had designed several other Orange Halls including the Orange Hall in Clifton Street, were he was a member of Eldon L.O.L. No 7. Watt and the hall committee...

27 February 2014

1873 – Town Hall, Holywood, Co. Down­

Architect: William Batt Red & white brick townhall with with cement dressings. Built in two stages, with the tower completed a couple of years later. Published in The Irish Builder April 1 1876.

24 February 2014

1879 – Gate Lodge, Botanic Gardens, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt Former gatelodge constructed in Venetian Gothic, a single-storey building in red brick with Staffordshire blue bands and pointed stone arches at the openings. Carving by Alexander Steven. The original design...

17 July 2013

1897 – Former National Bank, 62-68 High Street, Belfast

Architect: William Batt The National Bank Ltd, a bank founded by Daniel O’Connell in 1835 had branches in Ireland and Britain. The Irish branches were acquired by Bank of Ireland in 1965 and...

21 March 2013

1894 – Town Hall, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Sited on a bridge over the river, and thus straddling the two counties that Newry connects. It took two architectural competitions to decide on a design for the new town...

30 September 2009

1882 – Orange Hall, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Batt Interesting and picturesque little brick building with octagonal corner turret and wooden porch. It was built in memory of Mr. Henry George Johnston of Fort Johnston, Glaslough, Monaghan and Captain...