Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Caldbeck

03 July 2014

1864 – Tinode House, Blessington, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Caldbeck Tinode House was burned to the ground in 1922 by the IRA, and has since been partially rebuilt. Part of the entrance front was reconstructed as a single storey as...

31 March 2014

1863 – Former Town Hall, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Detached three-bay two-storey gable-fronted former town hall, designed by William Caldbeck and built alongside his bank constructed at the same time for the National Bank. Now in use as parish...

31 March 2014

1863 – National Bank, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Bank branch designed for the National Bank by William Caldbeck, alongside his townhall. Now a branch of the Bank of Ireland. “The new National Bank-house at Mountmellick, lately erected by...

04 October 2013

1848 – Brown Thomas, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: William Caldbeck Started in 1848 with a large extension a decade later, and Italianate in style. Gutted in the 1990s for Marks & Spencer, only the facade remains of the warren of...

14 March 2013

1872 – St Mary’s Church, Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford

Architect: William Caldbeck / Ashlin & Coleman Designed by William Caldbeck in 1869 and constructed on a site donated by the local landowners, the Edgeworths. Later tower and spire were added by Ashline...

18 February 2013

1853 – Clery & Co., O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: William Caldbeck Opened in May 1853 when Mc Swiney, Delany and Co. opened ‘The New or Palatial Mart’ opposite the General Post Office. In 1883, the premises was taken over and renamed...

24 August 2010

1790 – Emo Court, Co. Laois

Architect: James Gandon, William Caldbeck Designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for John Dawson, the first Earl of Portarlington, the house took many years and architects to complete. It was around...

22 January 2010

1862 – Immaculate Conception Church, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Caldbeck The site for the Church and adjoining Convent was donated by the Calbeck Family of Moyle Park, Clondalkin. The foundation stone was laid in 1857 and the completed Church was...

06 January 2010

1858 – Knockabbey Castle, Louth, Co. Louth

Architect: William Caldbeck When it was first built in 1399, it was called Thomastown Castle and consisted only of a towerhouse. Reflecting their prestige and position, the Bellews, who had lived here since...

Pages:12Next »