Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Fogerty

08 July 2015

1866 – The Munster Arcade, Patrick St., Cork

Architect: William Fogerty The Munster Arcade was one of the principal department stores in Cork. Based on St. Patrick’s Street, it traded until the 1970s. On the upper floors can be seen the...

07 July 2015

1866 – Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty Still in use today, it was described at the time of its completion as a ‘very neat little church’. The yellow Dublin brick is contrasted by the jambs and bands...

07 January 2015

1867 – United Presbyterian Church, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty Original design, the tower and spire of which was not completed, published in The Irish Builder, May 15 1868. “This church (the foundation-stone of which was laod on the 6th...

15 April 2014

1868 – Violet Hill, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty A medium sized country house, originally finished in brick, and now rendered and painted. The stables and part of the house have been converted into apartments. For a time in...

11 April 2014

1867 – Design for Hugh Moore & Co., Capel St., Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty Unbuilt proposal for a warehouse for a wholesale druggist, Hugh Moore & Co., for Capel Street on the site of the Scot’s church. The provision of the design became as...

07 March 2014

1858 – Cannock, Tait and Co. Department Store, Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Part of the building was constructed in 1858 and described in The Irish Builder, February 1 1859: “Messrs. Cannock, Tait and Co’s premises occupy a plot of ground 210 feet...

13 December 2011

1856 – Protestant Orphan Society Hall, Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Published in The Builder, January 19, 1856. Two storey collegiate gothic orphanage now converted into offices. Original windows have been replaced with ugly uPVC versions.

09 December 2011

1868 – Methodist College, Belfast

Architect: William Fogerty Selected design from an architectural competition to design a school for the advancement of Methodism. Originally it provided for a new school for 200 pupils with additional collegiate department providing...

18 February 2010

1865 – No. 39 “Lucky Coadys”, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty “Lucky Coady’s” gets its name from its past as a small shop that sold Irish Sweepstakes tickets, having sold many winning tickets over the years. The shop has a fine...

Pages:12Next »

Skip to toolbar