Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William G. Murray

07 February 2014

1869 – Royal Insurance, Dame St., Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Italianate palazzo by William G. Murray on the corner of Dame and Fownes Streets. Finished in Portland stone, the building was elaborately carved. Demolished when the area was cleared...

09 March 2013

1858 – AIB, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William G. Murray Built as a branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, and now a branch for AIB. In traditional Irish manner, contains a residence for the branch manager. Photograph courtesy,...

13 February 2012

1867 – Gilbey’s, Nos. 46-49 O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Demolished in 1972, this fine Victorian facade was the head offices of Gilbey’s. Originally a pair of older house, it was extensively remodelled in the 1860s by William G....

26 April 2010

1866 – No.14 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Designed for the Scottish Equitable Insurance Company, hence presumedly the vague Scottish Baronial style of the building.

07 April 2010

1863 – No. 60 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Built as the Colonial Insurance Company in 1863, this office building has a fine streetlevel stone facade unfortunately painted in rather garish colours. An exercise in Ruskinian gothic, the...

01 April 2010

1865 – Axa Insurance, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Designed as a warehouse for a local merchant Patrick Beakey, this is now part of a larger office building. The main fa├žade is to Wolfe Tone Street but the...

16 February 2010

1867 – National Irish Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray & Sir Thomas Drew Originally this Bank opened as the Union Bank in 1867 with only four bays on College Green and two on Church Lane. it was designed...

16 February 2010

1867 – Former Bank, College Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Now part of the Westin Hotel, designed in 1863 as the Headquarters of the Provincial Bank and built over the next few years. The architect William G. Murray died...

10 February 2010

1870 – Nos.3-4 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Designed as the Cramer Wood Music Store, this building has fine polychromatic brickwork and stone trimmings. Originally the doorway was offcentre, to the righthandside of the building but it...

Pages:12Next »