Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William G. Murray

26 January 2010

1864 – Northbrook Road Asylum, Ranelagh, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Gothic revival institution not much larger than a large Victorian house, now minus part of its spire. A strong asymmetrical design was entered through the porch under the tower....

07 January 2010

1860 – AXA Insurance, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William G. Murray The former Provincial Bank is built of Limestone ashlar with an elaborate façade at street-level. The ground floor façade has paired polished granite columns with lush foliage capitals. Above...

31 December 2009

1861 – Allied Irish Bank, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William G. Murray The Provincial Bank opened in Athlone in 1827. It was the first branch of a large commercial bank to be opened in the town. In 1861 the bank moved...

06 November 2009

1865 – Thomas Crosbie Holdings, 97 South Mall, Cork

Architect: William G. Murray One of the most magnificent buildings in Cork, the Italianate plazzo built for the ‘Provincial Bank of Ireland’, was designed by W.G. Murray. A substantial and well-maintained building, it...

30 September 2009

1860 – Former Great Northern Railway Station, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Sir John MacNeill The Railway Station possibly designed by Sir John MacNeill on a more modest scale than his masterwork at Portadown with some later adaptations by William G. Murray. A long...

06 June 2009

Sir Thomas Drew (1838-1910)

Articled to Sir Charles Lanyon, Drew joined the office of William G. Murray and moved to Dublin. He became one of the most distinguished architects of the 19th century in Ireland, as well...

Pages:« Prev12