Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Hague

28 October 2015

1906 – Church of the Assumption, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: William Hague A new Gothic style Church erected to a design of the architect William Hague and carried out under superintendence of T.F.McNamara. Replacing an older church on the site, work on...

23 September 2015

1873 – Bishop’s Palace, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William Hague Built to designs by William Hague, at a cost of £10,000, after he won a competition forof its design. Designed in a severe Institutional gothic like many convents around Ireland....

14 August 2013

1863 – Saint Brigid’s Church, Killeshandra, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Hague Incomplete as designed and illustrated, Hague’s fantastically ornate spire wasn’t constructed and was capped off at the top of a simplified version of the tower. Finished in local stone with...

05 June 2013

1847 – St Peter’s & Paul Church, Monasterevin, Co. Kildare

Architect: William Deane Butler / William Hague Designed in 1846 by William Deane Butler, but never completed. The interiors were instead completed by William Hague circa 1880. The original intention was for twin...

15 April 2013

1938 – St. Colman’s Church, Gort, Co. Galway

Architect: William Hague / Ralph H. Byrne St. Colman’s has been under construction, or at least renovation, for over one hundred years. The original church of 1828 was by either James or George...

07 March 2013

1902 – St Columcille’s Church, Ballynahown, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William Hague Designed by William Hague but completed after his death by his younger partner T. F. McNamara. Tower and spire look to have been constructed over time, with different stone –...

01 October 2012

1900 – St. Joseph’s Church, Park St., Monaghan

Architect: William Hague Fine barn style gothic church by William Hague who finished the town’s cathedral after the death of the architect J.J. McCarthy. Construction begun in summer of 1891, with work completed...

16 April 2012

1884 – Church of St. Patrick and St. Brigid, Clane, Co. Kildare

Architect: William Hague In 1839 the Presentation Convent was established in Clane. Forty years later the nuns offered their garden as a site for the new Church. The building was dedicated in 1884,...

11 February 2010

1897 – Former St. Andrew’s National Schools, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: William Hague Now a community resource centre, this fine Victorian building was constructed as boys and girls national schools in 1895-97. The five part composition has a central breakfront with decorative terracotta...

Pages:123Next »