Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Mitchell

21 March 2014

1881 – Nos. 96-100 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Fine commercial block at the corner of Grafton and Wicklow Streets. At one point, almost the entire block to Suffolk Street was the work of Mitchell – in addition to...

18 March 2014

1881 – Gate Lodge, Dalguise, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Design exhibited at the RHA Exhibition of 1881 and published in The Irish Builder, November 1 1881.

23 April 2013

1891 – Spa Hotel, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Hotel constructed between 1890 and 1891 for the Lucan Hydropathic and Spa Hotel Co. Ltd. The spa associated with this hotel appears to have been discovered in 1758. The water...

01 May 2012

1893 – Hotel Metropole, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell The Hotel Metropole was a landmark in Dublin, located next to the General Post Office building in O’Connell Street. Originally four georgian buildings combined together to form a hotel and...

12 April 2011

1894 – Former Power’s Distillery Warehouse, Thomas St., Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Former warehouse and entrance archway for Power’s Distillery, now the National College of Art & Design.

27 February 2011

1884 – Proposed New Chambers, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell A proposal to replace the Rubics in Trinity College with a covered bridge to the Long Room Library. In the end the Rubrics were remodelled.

10 June 2010

1897 – Ulster Bank, Camden Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Austere but solid bank branch with subtle decorative plasterwork and symmetrical design.

01 April 2010

1905 – Todd Burn’s Department Store, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Built as Todd Burn’s department store, this is a fantastically decorative building with dome which acted as a counterbalance to the tower of Arnotts. Glorious red brick with terracotta details,...

26 February 2010

1870 – No.42 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Redeveloped by Mitchell in 1870 for Rathborne’s as a shop and billiards room.

Pages:12Next »