Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Murray

15 April 2013

1833 – St Brigid’s Psychiatric Hospital, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: William Murray / James F. Kempster Formerly known as Ballinasloe District Asylum. Originally designed by William Murray, as a “1st class” asylum with accommodation for 150 patients. Later extended by James F....

19 July 2012

1842 – Roxborough Castle, Moy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Murray / William Barre Seat of the Earls of Charlemont, and originally built in the 18th Century but heavily remodeled by the second Earl in 1842, his architect being William Murray....

09 January 2012

1861 – Royal College of Physicians, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: William Murray A fine Victorian interior lies behind this reproduction facade. Originally constructed with a facade of Scottish sandstone, it eroded away so badly, that it was completely replaced in 1960. The...

21 February 2010

1825 – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Edward Parke & William Murray Beautifully sited on St. Stephen’s Green, the building of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland was built in two phases. The original building was the last...

19 February 2010

1852 – Former United Services Club, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: William Murray One of two former clubs on Stephen’s Green, the United Services Club has an imposing presence on the green, with its elevated entrance, staircase and massive bow window. The interior...

28 September 2009

1837 – Scotch Church, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray A simple church with a plain and shallow Palladian fa├žade with a central doorway. The interior features a curving carved balcony. Fine ironwork gates and piers.

28 September 2009

1838 – Savings Bank, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Fine classical Savings Bank building on a prominant site close to the Mall. Well proportioned and in good condition, it is now for sale following some bank mergers and branch...

28 September 2009

1827 – Charlemont Place, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Alongside the Mall, where there are several fine terraces of house, Charlemont Place stands out. Set back from the streetline of the other houses, Charlemont Place is large terrace of...

28 September 2009

1834 – County Museum, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Now housing the County Museum, this small pedimented building with twin entrances on either side was originally built as a small meeting house. Cleanly detailed with tall thin roundheaded windows.

Pages:12Next »