Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Robertson

07 January 2014

1819 – Gowran Castle, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Robertson Designed and built by William Robertson for 2nd Viscount Clifden. between 1816 and 1819. The centrepiece of the building is the mainfront exhibiting expert masonry in locally-sourced Kilkenny limestone. Possibly...

05 November 2012

1813 – Lismacue, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Robertson The present house was completed in 1813 to the design of architect William Robertson.

04 April 2011

1747 – Woodstock House, Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Francis Bindon / William Robertson Originally built 1845-47 for Sir William Fownes to designs by Francis Bindon. Later extended with flanking wings by William Robertson in 1804-06. A later conservatory c1860 was...

19 January 2010

1792 – Courthouse, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Robertson Kilkenny Courthouse formerly known as Grace’s Castle was originally a town house of the wealthy Grace family who leased the building to the crown in 1566. The building was used...

19 January 2010

1820 – St. John’s Priory, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Robertson Priory with medieval roots, much of the original church was demolished or incorporated into this small parish church. It has the standard arrangement of nave and tower identified as a...

19 January 2010

1837 – Kilkenny Castle, Co. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Castle has been an important site since Strongbow constructed the first building here, a wooden tower in the 12th century. William the Earl Marshall built the first stone castle on the site...