Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Sir William Robinson

18 February 2014

1700 – Platten Hall, Co. Meath

Architect: Sir William Robinson Construction started circa 1700 for Alderman John Graham. According to Maurice Craig, possibly designed by Sir William Robinson. Demolished in the 1950s. Replaced by a smaller house on the...

26 January 2012

1873 – The Custom House, London, Ontario

Architect: William Robinson Designed by the architect William Robinson in a restrained Second Empire style. The building which opened in 1873 was demolished in the early 1970s. S

15 July 2010

1702 – St Mary’s Church, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson Outwardly the exterior of St Mary’s is relatively unexciting with the round headed windows that Robinson also used at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham the most dominant feature. The church...

13 April 2010

1686 – St Michan’s Church of Ireland, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson This structure dates from 1685-86 and was built on the site of an earlier structure founded by the Danes in 1095. Originally St Michan’s was built to serve the...

19 February 2010

1720 – Upper Yard, Dublin Castle

In the eighteenth century as the Georgian streetscape of Dublin was being developed, the castle was redeveloped also. A young architect believed to be Sir Edward Lovett Pearce redesigned the upper yard using...

10 February 2010

1701 – Marshe’s Library, St Patrick’s Close, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson Designed by Sir William Robinson who was also the architect of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham and the Surveyor General from 1670-1700, the Library was set up by Archbishop Narcissus...

25 January 2010

1680 – Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson The Royal Hospital Kilmainham is a mile and a half west of the city centre and at the time of its construction the site was part of the Phoenix...

19 January 2010

1837 – Kilkenny Castle, Co. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Castle has been an important site since Strongbow constructed the first building here, a wooden tower in the 12th century. William the Earl Marshall built the first stone castle on the site...

06 June 2009

William Robinson (1645-1712)

William Robinson (1645-1712) was the Surveyor General since 1670 when his appointment was made under the Viceroy Lord Berkeley. No evidence of Robinson exists before 1670 and it has been suggested that he...