Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William A. Scott

16 April 2014

1910 – Ulster Dairy School, Loughry, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William A. Scott Founded in 1910 as the Ulster Dairy School, and now part of the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. The college took over the Loughry Manor estate, constructed...

16 August 2013

1905 – Houses, The Diamond, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William A. Scott Attractive terrace of three Arts & Crafts style houses, that replaced an earlier range of large thatched buildings.

12 June 2013

1834 – St. Brigid’s Church, Raharney, Co. Westmeath

A simple T-plan catholic church constructed shortly after the Catholic Emancipation Act of 1829. Typical of many constructed at this time, renovated by William A. Scott in 1903.

21 January 2013

1912 – St. Mary’s College, Galway

Architect: William A. Scott Seen here before the addition of the extra storey of 1939 flattened the highly original composition. An abstraction of collegiate gothic into a distinctly early twentieth century style with...

28 January 2010

1910 – Carnegie Library, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott & William Scott A fine little library originally endowed by Andrew Carnegie, and the result of an architectural competition in 1908. Designed by the father and son firm, the main...

29 September 2009

1911 – Church, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William A. Scott Simple single cell church set on a hillside with a plain rendered finish, heavily remodelled in 1910-11 by William A. Scott. The concrete and bell tower of 1919 by...

28 September 2009

1910 – Townhall, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Scott Later head of architecture at University College Dublin, W.A. Scott was responsible for some of the more innovative buildings in Ireland during the early part of the twentieth century. His...

25 September 2009

1901 – Townhall, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: Anthony & William Scott Designed by Anthony Scott with his son William as a competition entry in 1897, the Townhall was not completed until four years later, and cost twice its original...