Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Vitruvius Morrison

04 April 2013

1819 – Templemore Abbey, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Constructed on the site of an earlier house, Templemore Abbey was a vast neo-Gothic mansion designed by one of the masters of the genre in Ireland, William Vitruvius Morrison....

09 March 2013

1731 – Borris House, Borris, Co. Carlow

Architect: Richard Morrison & William Vitruvius Morrison The ancestral home of the Mcmorrough Kavanaghs, High Kings of Leinster, and originally an important castle guarding the River Barrow, Borris House was rebuilt in 1731....

22 January 2013

1819 – Salmon Weir Bridge, Galway

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Previously known as the Jail Bridge, as the city jail was on the site of where the Cathedral now is. A fine gently humped five-span bridge. Attribute to Morrison...

23 March 2012

1825 – Design for Fota House, Co. Cork

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison An unbuilt scheme to enlarge the 18th century house at Fota. Ultimately, the Morrisons did extend the house but in a more restrained classical scheme. This scheme by William...

23 March 2012

1823 – Ormeau House, Co. Down

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison A long rambling Tudor mansion designed for the 2nd Marquess of Donegall on the then outskirts of Belfast, who was in exile from his creditors in England. Originally a...

11 March 2012

1812 – Ballyheigue Castle, Co. Kerry

Architect: Richard Morrison & William Vitruvius Morrison Long rambling castle sited across a hillside. Burnt during 1921, a wing was recently restored. The grounds are now a golf course. Interestingly while both illustrations...

30 November 2011

1781 – Baronscourt, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Soane, Richard Morrison, William Vitruvius Morrison Originally built as a 5-bay, 3-storey house for James Hamilton, 8th Earl of Abercorn in 1781 by George Steuart. Remodelled a couple of years later...

29 November 2011

1818 – Kilcoleman Abbey, Milltown, Co. Kerry

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Also known as Milltown House. More or less abandoned from 1800 to 1818, the house was renovated under the second Baronet, Sir John Godfrey, according to ambitious plans drawn...

13 April 2011

1784 – Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Cashel

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison The historic cathedral on the Rock of Cashel was closed for worship in 1721. Meanwhile the old parish church of St John was removed and the present Georgian cathedral...

Pages:12Next »