Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

William Young

17 June 2013

1888 – Glasgow’s City Chambers

Architect: William Young Designs for successful entry in competition to design new city hall, published in The Building News, September 15 1882. The winning design was by William Young, a London-based architect whose...

05 June 2013

1874 – Holmewood Hall, Holme, Cambridgeshire

Architect: William Young A fine example of Tudor Gothic revival building. Between 1944 and 1945 the house and grounds at Holmewood Hall was used by the United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS)...

27 August 2012

1876 – New Houses, Exhibition Road, Kensington, London

Architect: William Young Perspective published in The Building News, September 1st 1876. Young was the favoured architect of Lord Iveagh, and worked on their English and Irish estates, notably at Farmleigh and Iveagh...

16 April 2012

1878 – Design for Church of St. Mary Magdalen, Woolwich, London

Architect: William Young Design for the remodeling of St. Mary Magdalen church of 1740, published in The Building News, May 24th 1878. Never carried out, the church was later extended by John Oldrid...

03 May 2010

1891 – Staircase at Gosford House, East Lothian, Scotland

Architect: William Young Published in The Building News, August 12th 1887.

05 February 2010

1874 – Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller & William Young Originally a Georgian two-storey house, belonging first to the Coote family, and then to the Trenches, Farmleigh was bought by the 1st Earl of Iveagh (Guinness family)...

22 October 2009

1875 – Cottages, Oxhey, Hertfordshire

Architect: William Young From The Architect, October 9, 1875: The cottages, of which we give an illustration, have been erected at Oxhey, Herts. They are built of local stock bricks, with strings and...

03 September 2009

1884 – Easton Lodge, Great Dunmow, Essex

Architect: William Young

20 July 2009

1878 – Haseley Manor, Warwickshire

Architect: William Young Perspective including ground plan published in The Building News, July 16th 1875. The present building, a fine example of grand Victorian craftsmanship, dates from 1878 when Alfred Hewlett, a Lancashire...

Pages:12Next »