Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wiltshire

28 July 2012

1886 – Restoration of Church House, Salisbury, Wiltshire

Architect: Crickmay & Son Restoration of Church House for the Diocese of Salisbury. Elevations to South, River Front, Crane Street including ground & 1st floor plans. Published in The Building News, September 10th...

02 July 2012

1895 – House at Chippenham, Wiltshire

Architect: T.B. Silcock Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, November 8th 1895.

17 March 2011

1650 – Longford House, Salisbury, Wiltshire

The inscription reads “the fore front of Longford House which is situate about two miles from the city of New Sarum in the County of Wilts. Repaired and beautified by Henry Hare, Baron...

07 March 2011

1361 – All Saints’ Church, Edington, Wiltshire

The Priory Church of Saint Mary, Saint Katharine and All Saints built in the Decorated style and consecrated in 1361. The parish was part of the hundred of Whorwellsdown, and is believed to...

04 January 2011

1876 – St. Aldhelm’s Church, Bishopstrowe, Wiltshire

Architect: W. Scott Champion Described as “about to be Restored” in the The Building News, November 3rd 1876.

20 October 2010

1665 – Wooley Grange, Bradford-on-avon, Wiltshire

Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, April 13th 1888. Drawn by S.J. Loxton. Now a hotel, Woolley Grange was a family home for almost 400 years before being converted...

31 May 2010

1886 – Malborough College Chapel, Malborough, Wiltshire

Architect: Bodley & Garner South & End Elevations as published in The Building News, December 3rd 1886.

08 March 2010

1875 – Abbey Cloth Mills, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire

Architect: Richard Gane This imposing structure was built in 1875 as a cloth mill; a defiant gesture in the face of the industry’s steep decline. The mill closed in 1902. It served as...

13 September 2009

1881 – Sanford Street Boys’ School, Swindon, Wiltshire

Architect: Brightwen Binyon “These schools have been erected for the Swindon School Board in the Now Town, to accommodate 794 boys. They are one of a series of schools erected by the Board...

Pages:123Next »