Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg Exchange District

21 April 2010

1884 – Telegram Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: William Hodgson This building was constructed for R.J. Whitla & Co., dry goods wholesaler and internally features pre-fabricated cast iron columns. Whitla & Co. constructed a larger warehouse on McDermot Avenue in...

21 April 2010

1912 – 321 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George W. Northwood The building, also known as the Finnie and Murray Block, on the northwest corner of McDermot Avenue and Adelaide Street, marked the first incursion of the warehouse district west...

30 September 2009

1907 – Imperial Bank, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson The 1906 Imperial Bank on Main Street is an example of the Classical Revival or Neo-classical style that came to prominence for large public structures in North America after...