Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

29 September 2014

1913 – Second Placed Entry for City Hall, Winnipeg

Architect: Woodman & Carey In early 1913, a committee of Winnipeg’s City Planning Commission recommended that a new civic centre be built, and a contest for a design for a new city hall...

29 September 2014

1913 – Competition Design for City Hall, Winnipeg

Architect: Brown & Vallance In early 1913, a committee of Winnipeg’s City Planning Commission recommended that a new civic centre be built, and a contest for a design for a new city hall...

20 January 2014

2012 – Artlab, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Patkau Architects The School of Art, established in 1913, is Western Canada’s oldest art institution. Originally known as the Winnipeg School of Art, it was based in the former Law Courts building...

20 January 2014

1958 – Chapel, St. John’s College, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Moody & Moore One of the founding colleges of the University of Manitoba, St. John’s was originally based downtown, and has an Anglican ethos. Their new college consisting of teaching facilities, dormitories...

11 January 2014

1958 – St. Paul’s College, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Gardiner, Gath & Associates / Green Blankstein Russell Associates St. Paul’s College was a Jesuit college, founded in 1926 by Jesuits and originally based in central Winnipeg. Designed by Vancouver practice Gardiner,...

01 January 2014

1913 – Fitzgerald Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Formerly Earth Sciences Building, and later the School of Art. The building is named after one of Canada’s leading painters Lionel Lemoine Fitzgerald, who exhibited with...

01 January 2014

1959 – John A. Russell Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Smith Carter Katelnikoff Named after John A. Russell who taught at the University for 38 years and was named the first Dean of the Faculty of Architecture in 1964. Dean Russell died...

23 September 2013

1965 – Civic Centre Parkade, Winnipeg

Architect: Green, Blankstein Russell Associates Part of the Civic Centre develeopment project which included a new City Hall, and police headquarters. Connected to the Public Safety Building and City Hall by a tunnel....

12 August 2013

1970 – Centennial House, 310 Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: L. Harmatiuk Striking building with a dynamic facade of contrasts between the white concrete panels with their subtle angles and the vertical strips of windows.

Pages:1234567...33Next »