Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


24 July 2011

1942 – Canadian National Building, Winnipeg

Telecommunications building constructed by Canadian National Railways. Due to the importance of the services contained within, it was designed to the highest standards. Of fireproof construction, it was made of solid reinforced concrete...

04 July 2011

1912 – Kelvin Technical & High School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: J.B. Mitchell Founded in 1912 as Kelvin Technical High School, the name was later changed to Kelvin High School. Built of Tyndall stone and Estevan red brick between 1910 and 1912. The...

29 June 2011

1890 – Johnston Terminal, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: The Johnston Terminal is the largest of the buildings in the Forks and contains some commercial space as well as retail. It was formerly the National Cartage Building, in use as a...

06 May 2011

1920 – Manitoba Legislature, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Francis Worthington Simon This was the last of the major provincial legislatures to be constructed and reminiscent of the large 19th century City Halls of the UK. Built between 1913-20, the building...

01 March 2011

2010 – Buhler Centre, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: David Penner Architect / Peter Sampson Architecture Studio Inc. / DIN Projects Is home to UWinnipeg’s Faculty of Business and Economics, Division of Continuing Education and the Plug In Institute of Contemporary...

01 March 2011

1915 – Power House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Built as the Province of Manitoba Power House to generate power for the Provincial Legislature and Law Courts buildings alongside.

13 February 2011

1914 – Kensington Building, Portage Avenue, Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison Demolished and replaced with a taller building of less architectural merit, but similarly named.

08 February 2011

1890 – A.G.B. Bannatyne Residence, Armstrong’s Point, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Rowan & Payne Armstrong’s Point was intended as an enclave of palatial residences for the new rich merchant classes of the booming Winnipeg in the late 19th century. One of the first...

25 August 2010

1962 – 360 Broadway, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Waisman Ross Sic storey building with pavilion-like top level. The corners are inverted which draws the eye to the cantilervered pavilion roof. Finished on concrete aggregate panels.