Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

30 July 2010

1994 – Proposed Lions Tribune Towers, Winnipeg

Architect: MMP Architects A proposed twin tower seniors apartment block intended for the former Winnipeg Tribune site on Graham at Smith. Cancelled before ground was broken. The site remains a surface parking lot.

30 July 2010

1897 – Market Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

After the First World War, two storeys were added to the building, and converted to civic offices. Demolished in 1964, along with the old City Hall to make way for the City Hall...

22 July 2010

1970 – Fairmont Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Smith Carter Parkin Horrendously grim slab hotel block with windowless lower stories, the Fairmont is as far removed from the elegant and nearby Fort Garry in style as it is possible to...

22 July 2010

1971 – 161 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of the Lombard complex of buildings that includes the Richardson tower, and the Fairmont Hotel, this small office block is linked directly into Winnipeg’s underground walkway system. Originally constructed for the Bank...

22 July 2010

1909 – Roslyn Apartments, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: William Wallace Blair Eccentric apartment building designed by Irish architect William Wallace Blair in a strange Queen Anne inspired style. The building is arranged so every apartment has an external front door...

08 July 2010

2003 – Provencher Pedestrian Bridge, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Gaboury Prefontaine Perry Located near the junction of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers, the structure provides a crossing over the Red River and links the Forks, a national historic site, and St....

08 July 2010

1905 – Bell Block 370 Donald Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole. The top two floors were added in 1909.

08 July 2010

1907 – Parrish Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole.

08 July 2010

1905 – Aldous Block, Donald St., Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole. The top two floors were added in 1909.