Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

23 April 2010

1909 – International Order of Odd Fellows, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James Chisholm The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.) is a fraternal organization derived from English Odd Fellows orders of the mid-1700s. A fire in January 1946, gutted the interior of the...

23 April 2010

1992 – Provincial Remand Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Gaboury Préfontaine Perry Architects

23 April 2010

1959 – Stanley Knowles Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Moody & Moore Named after Winnipeg’s longest-serving MP Stanley Knowles who served 38 years in Ottawa. Built in two stages, the original designed by Moody and Moore was is the first two...

23 April 2010

1959 – Norquay Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates An elegant piece of late 60′s modernism, the Norquay building has an understated architectural quality. The compsoitions, scale, materials all contribute to a quality design that can easily...

22 April 2010

1904 – Union Tower, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson The oldest Chicago School skyscraper still standing in Western Canada was built for the Union Bank of Canada and once boasted the tallest flagpole in the British Empire. The...

22 April 2010

1903 – Newmac Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Taylor & Gordon The Bank of British North America at 436 Main Street is the only neo-Palladian banking hall remaining in Winnipeg, and is probably the oldest structure of its type on...

22 April 2010

1873 – Hotel Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Walter Chesterton / Samuel Hooper Small hotel building on Main Street, where there was once many due to the railway station. Although ruined at ground level, the upper floors still have a...

22 April 2010

1835 – Upper Fort Garry Gate, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Upper Fort Garry was the last of five forts, known to have been built in this general vicinity. The other forts included: Fort Rouge (circa 1736), Fort Gibraltar (circa 1806), Fort Douglas (circa...

22 April 2010

1883 – Lieutenant Governor’s Residence, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Thomas Scott In 1870, Manitoba entered Confederation and in 1872, the former Hudson’s Bay Company house at Upper Fort Garry was officially leased to the Dominion for use as the original home...