Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

22 April 2010

1912 – Union Trust Tower, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison The Union Trust Tower occupies an unusually long and narrow site at the corner of Lombard Avenue and Main Street. The long and narrow shape of the property had...

22 April 2010

1922 – Great West Life Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison Erected for one of Western Canada’s largest financial institutions, the Great-West Life Assurance Company which was founded in Winnipeg in 1891, this building is a fine example of the...

22 April 2010

1906 – The Grain Exchange, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Darling & Pearson The center of commerce in The Exchange District, the Grain Exchange Building reflected the growth of Winnipeg at the turn of the century after the growth of the railroads....

22 April 2010

1965 – Public Safety Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Libling Michener & Associates On December 21 1964, Winnipeg City Council awarded a contract for the construction of the new Public Safety Building and Civic Parkade on land directly west of the...

22 April 2010

1911 – Hydro Sub Station No.1, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Smith, Kerry & Chace City Light & Power Company, the first public utility in Western Canada, began operation in 1911. From a generating station on the Winnipeg River electricity flowed through this...

22 April 2010

1908 – Maltese Cross Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison This Edwardian building has characteristic red clay brick facades with dressed stone on the main floor. Details in the shape of the maltese cross are featured throughout. There is...

22 April 2010

2006 – 240 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Nejmark Architect Understated modern office development that could perhaps have benefited visually from an extra couple of floors. Nevertheless this is a nice cleanly detailed addition to the area.

22 April 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Pacific Station, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: E. & W.S. Maxwell This was the fourth depot built by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) from the construction of the main line through the Manitoba capital in the early 1880′s. Construction...

22 April 2010

2005 – Millennium Library, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Patkau Architects / LM Architectural Group Opened in late 2005, the Millennium Library is a redevelopment of a library dating from the late 1970s. The older library was no longer able to...