Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

21 April 2010

1905 – Manitoba Club, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: S. Frank Peters A fine large brick building designed to house a gentleman’s club in the early 20th century. The interior is opulent and well preserved. The site was chosen because at...

21 April 2010

1903 – Land Titles Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Samuel Hooper A small free-standing office building on a domestic scale alongside the Law Courts buildings on Broadway.

21 April 2010

1899 – Isbister School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Samuel Hooper Isbister School, one of the first three-storey school buildings in Winnipeg is the oldest public school building in Winnipeg. Designed by Samuel Hooper before he became Provincial Architect in 1904,...

21 April 2010

1960 – 400 Colony Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Originally built by the Salvation Army, this building now forms part of the University of Winnipeg campus housing the Department of Theatre and Film.

21 April 2010

1895 – Dalnavert House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Designated a National Historic Site, this fine Victorian era house is considered one of the best examples in western Canada. It was built in 1895 for Sir Hugh John...

21 April 2010

1904 – Codville and Company, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Amalgamated into the Ashdown Building in 1911, the former Codville and Company warehouse had two floors added to it so that it formed a continuous wall with the rest of the Ashdown Building....

21 April 2010

1900 – Marshall Wells Building, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James J. McDiarmid A post and beam frame structure with brick and stone external detailing, this small warehouse features exposed woodbeams and brickwork internally. All four floors have windows on three sides...

21 April 2010

1899 – Merrick-Anderson Building, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James J. McDiarmid With the adjoining Bain Building, this brick and limestone building is a fine early Winnipeg warehouse. Merrick, and Anderson were originally travellers for Dennis Moore of Hamilton. With the...

21 April 2010

1899 – Bain Building, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James J. McDiarmid The west portion of the Brokerage was constructed in 1899 for Edward Nicholson, an Ottawa-born merchant who started a wholesale grocery brokerage firm. In 1905, he made a partner...