Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

15 April 2010

1992 – Leo Mol Sculpture Gallery, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Stechesen Katz Architects Leo Mol (born Leonid Molodoshanin) was born in Ukraine in 1915, studied at the Leningrad Academy of Arts, and later continuing his studies in Berlin and The Hague. In...

15 April 2010

2000 – Alloway Reception Centre, Fort Whyte Alive, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Syverson Monteyne Architecture / Carl Nelson Jr. This facility establishes a gateway controlling access to the overall Fort Whyte Alive site and houses the Buffalo Stone Café, the Nature Shop, meeting rooms...

15 April 2010

1983 – Interpretive Centre, Fort Whyte Alive, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: MMP Architects / Carl Nelson Jr. The earlier building on the Fort Whyte Alive site responded to the windswept prairie landscape with the simple gesture of an enormous sloping cedar roof facing...

15 April 2010

1930 – The Pavilion, Assiniboine Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Northwood & Chivers The previous Pavilion was built in 1908 to a design by John D. Atchison but it burned in 1929. The new pavilion was built in 1930 to the designs...

14 April 2010

2003 – I.H. Asper Clinical Research Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Very striking building on the hospital campus, facing across the river to downtown Winnipeg. Clad with coloured glass panels and with a conical glass feature, the building sits on a rough concrete plinth...

14 April 2010

1907 – St Boniface Fire Hall No.1, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Victor W. Horwood This 1907 structure, located immediately behind the Hotel de Ville, replaced an older, outmoded fire hall during a period of significant growth in St. Boniface. Initial plans were drawn...

14 April 2010

1968 – Église du Précieux-Sang, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Étienne Gaboury Perhaps local architect Étienne Gaboury’s best-known work, the Église du Précieux-Sang in St. Boniface was completed in 1967. Incorporating the reforms of the Second Vatican Council, the church was designed...

14 April 2010

1907 – Post Office, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: David Ewart A fine two storey Post Office with arcaded windows on the main commercial floor. The building has a well defined cornice and dual language signage – “Hotel Des Postes” being...

14 April 2010

1905 – Hotel de Ville, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Home to the largest French speaking population outside of Quebec in Canada, St Boniface was formally amalgamated with Winnipeg in 1972. The town was established in 1818 by Fr....