Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

30 September 2009

1908 – Former Bank of Nova Scotia, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson Designed by Toronto architects Darling & Pearson, the former Bank of Nova Scotia was the first bank to be erected away from “Banker’s Row” on Main Street. The building...

30 September 2009

1904 – New Post Office, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling, Pearson & Over Built to replace an earlier post office building near Pacific Station, which was demolished. This fine post office was also demolished and replaced with a terrible building including...

30 September 2009

1907 – Imperial Bank, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson The 1906 Imperial Bank on Main Street is an example of the Classical Revival or Neo-classical style that came to prominence for large public structures in North America after...

13 August 2009

1884 – Knox Presbyterian Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Balston C. Kenway Built in the boom years of the early 1880s, the cost of this new church, with the site, was $60,000; it was opened for services on 17 August 1884....

13 August 2009

1901 – J.B. Somerset School, Winnipeg

Architect: J.B. Mitchell Another fine school design by J.B. Mitchell, who must surely be one of the most demolished Winnipeg architects. An impressive building of three storeys in brick brick with an entry...

13 August 2009

1914 – Tribune Building, Smith St., Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison In 1914 a new building for the Winnipeg Tribune newspaper company was designed by leading local architect John D. Atchison. Unusually for the time, it was decorated with 14...