Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Winnipeg

03 July 2012

1891 – Deaf & Dumb Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Constructed on Portage Avenue in two stages. Demolished in 1959.

03 July 2012

1902 – Strathcona Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Creeford Browne The Strathcona block was built for Lord Strathcona as an elite residential building on the corner of Main Street and Broadway in 1902. It later became Fort Garry Court,...

02 July 2012

1907 – Unbuilt Tower Proposal, Main Street, Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison Unbuilt 14-storey proposal for an office building on the east side of Main Street, between McDermot and Bannatyne. The Canadian Wheat Board building was eventually constructed on the site...

02 July 2012

1910 – Lord Roberts School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: J.B. Mitchell Designed by Winnipeg school architect J. B. Mitchell, and named after highly decorated British Field Marshall, Lord Frederick Sleigh Roberts (1832-1914), the fireproof, solid grey brick, three-storey building contained 16...

01 July 2012

1912 – Human Ecology Building, University of Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Originally constructed as the Horticulture and Biology Building for what was then the Manitoba Agricultural College. After the University moved to the site, it became the Home Economics department...

03 June 2012

1970 – Broadway United Church, Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: Moody Moore and Partners Constructed after the previous church on the site was destroyed in a fire. Designed to resemble the prow of a great ship, which is the Emblem of the...

06 March 2012

1960 – Winnipeg Airport, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates Architects concept from 1960 of a new airport terminal for Winnipeg. Eventually completed in 1963, and closed in 2011. The project, estimated to cost $8.5m but eventually over...

21 January 2012

1912 – Agricultural Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.

21 January 2012

1913 – Dairy Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed in 1913 as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.