Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Yorkshire

23 February 2010

1875 – Middlesbrough Assembly Rooms, Yorkshire

Architect: Robert J. Johnson

23 February 2010

1884 – Wesleyan Sunday Schools, Morley, Yorkshire

Architect: Walter Hanstock Constructed in Queen Street, Morley. Perspective view published in The Building News, May 2nd 1884.

12 January 2010

1883 – Dewsbury Minster, Yorkshire

Architect: Arthur Edmund Street The first church on the site was probably built in the eighth century in wood. Quite a small stone church would probably have replaced this soon after and almost...

12 January 2010

1885 – Church, Northallerton, Yorkshire

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler There has likely been a church on this site since the 7th century, but there is no documentary evidence of any building before the present one. The first building...

09 December 2009

1886 – Porch at Weetwood, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: William H. Thorp

03 December 2009

1886 – Friends Meeting House & Institute, York

Architect: William H. Thorp The architect William Henry Thorp was born in Leeds in 1852 and was articled to A M Fowler, Leeds Borough Surveyor. He commenced practice on his own account in...

30 November 2009

1886 – Beverley Corn Exchange, Yorkshire

Architect: Samuel Musgrave This present building replaces an earlier corn exchange built in 1753. The first regular motion pictures in Beverley were shown here in 1911 and soon afterwards it was renamed the...

30 November 2009

1888 – House & Business Premises, Claypit Lane, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: T. Butler Wilson

18 November 2009

1905 – Public Library, Harrogate, Yorkshire

Architect: H.T. Hare