Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Yorkshire

26 January 2013

1868 – Vicarage, Marton, Ousebum, Yorkshire

Architect: John Ladds “ONE of our illustrations this week is a view and ground plan of Marton Vicarage, near Ousebum, Yorkshire, lately erected for the Rev. J. R. Lunn, from designs and plans...

24 October 2012

1877 – Third Premiated Design, Wakefield Town Hall, Yorkshire

Architect: Austin Johnnson & Hicks Third premiated design in architectural competition to design a new townhall. Published in The Building News, June 8th 1877.

20 September 2012

1904 – Dorman Memorial Museum, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire

Architect: J. Mitchell Bottomley “This building, which owes its erection to the liberality of Mr. Dorman, has been designed by Mr. J. Mitchell Bottomley, of Middlesbrough, we, we understand, will, in execution, be...

02 September 2012

1871 – The County Court, Barnsley, Yorkshire

Architect: T.C. Sorby Fine classical courthouse constructed in the early 1870s. No longer in use as a courthouse. Perspective View published in The Building News, August 4th 1871.

19 July 2012

1878 – Cabman’s Shelter, Bradford, Yorkshire

Architect: T.H. & F. Healey Elevations & Ground Plan published in The Building News,April 5th 1878.

02 July 2012

1877 – Hyde Terrace, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Dodgshun & Unsworth Perspective including ground & 1st floor plans published in The Building News, January 19th 1877.

02 July 2012

1886 – New Stable Buildings, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Chorley & Connon New stables for the Monk Bridge Iron Co. Ltd. Perspective View published in The Building News, October 8th 1886.

11 June 2012

1875 – St. Matthews Church, Lightcliffe, Yorkshire

Architect: W. Swinden Barber Built by Major Foster and designed by W.S. Barber. Published in The Building News, May 17th 1878. This church was completed in 1875 to replace the old church down...

11 June 2012

1891 – St. Peters Church, Norton-on-Derwent, Yorkshire

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Published in The Building News, December 30th 1887. Constructed largely as illustrated between 1889-91.