Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Yorkshire

11 June 2012

1875 – St. Matthews Church, Lightcliffe, Yorkshire

Architect: W. Swinden Barber Built by Major Foster and designed by W.S. Barber. Published in The Building News, May 17th 1878. This church was completed in 1875 to replace the old church down...

11 June 2012

1891 – St. Peters Church, Norton-on-Derwent, Yorkshire

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Published in The Building News, December 30th 1887. Constructed largely as illustrated between 1889-91.

11 June 2012

1886 – The Colonial & United States Mortgage Company, 67 Whitefriargate, Hull, Yorkshire

Architect: Robert Clamp & W.A. Gelder Built in 1886 for the Colonial and United States Mortgage Co. Ltd to the designs of Robert Clamp & W.A. Gelder. Pevsner describes the style as French...

21 March 2012

1877 – Competition design for Leeds Public Offices, Yorkshire

Architect: E.R. Robson Competition Design for new public offices for Leeds. Elevation of Main Entrance published in The Building News, February 16th 1877.

06 March 2012

1886 – Spring Bank, Headingley, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: William H. Thorp Perspective view including vignette of Ground Plan published in The Architect, May 28th 1886.

04 March 2012

1898 – Kings James Grammar School, Knaresborough, Yorkshire

Architect: George H. Barrowcliff The school was founded in 1616 as King James Grammar School with a charter from King James I. “This design was placed first in open competition by the professional...

15 February 2012

1883 – House at Heaton, Bradford, Yorkshire

Architect: W.H. Herbert Marten Perspective published in The Architect, January 27th 1883.

26 January 2012

1882 – Church of St.Phillip, Trippet, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire

Architect: William Botterill & Son Perspective View including ground plan from The Building News, January 18th 1878. Erected in 1881-2, though not consecrated until 1885. In consequence of the irregularity of the site,...

26 January 2012

1888 – St. Vincent, Doncaster, Yorkshire

Architect: Fred. W. Masters Designed by the architect as a residence for himself. Masters was also Mayor of Doncaster in 1893. Published in The Building News, June 1st 1888.