Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Young & Mackenzie

22 October 2014

1883 – Grattan & Co., Great Victoria St., Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A new premises for “Grattan’s Aerated Water Manufactory”. Published in The Irish Builder, October 1, 1883.

06 October 2014

1880 – Milford House, Armagh

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Heavily remodelled and extended by Young & Mackenzie in 1880 for local mill owner Robert Garmany Mc Crum. Described as the most technologically advanced house in 19th century Ireland...

12 June 2014

1887 – Presbyterian Church, Windsor, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A fine Victorian Gothic church on a elevated site, that is still in use today by its congregation. A later school was erected in the 1880s and connected to...

09 April 2014

1885 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie The foundation stone of the New Church was laid on the 17th of June, 1884, and the Church was opened for worship on the 11th September, 1885, by the...

26 March 2014

1878 – Presbyterian Church, Ballymacarret, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A church, at Ballymacarrett on the Newtownards Road, completed in 1878 to a design by Young and Mackenzie. The graceful round tower adds vertical emphasis to what is rather...

17 March 2014

1889 – Temperance Institute, Lisburn, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Alcohol abuse was a big problem in Lisburn at the end of the 19th century. In response some local people formed the Total Abstinence Society in 1886, and the...

05 March 2014

1881 – Cunningham Memorial Presbyterian Church, Cullybackey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Cruciform church constructed to replace an earlier church of 1781 on same site. With its 130 ft spire, the church is very much a local landmark. External walls of...

16 September 2013

1902 – Scottish Provident, Donegall Sq., Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A large office building constructed in stages from 1899-1902, the Scottish Provident Institution is constructed of Glasgow blonde sandstone. The main entrance on the corner of Wellington Place is...

25 September 2009

1898 – Slieve Donard Hotel, Newcastle, Co. Down

Architect: James J. Farrall, Young & Mackenzie The result of an architectural competition held by the Belfast & Co. Down Railway Co. in 1895, and adjudicated by Alfred Waterhouse. The competition was won...

Pages:12Next »