Clutton, Henry (1819-93)
A pupil of Edward Blore between 1835-40, he commenced his own practice in 1844. He won first place in the Lille Cathedral competition with William Burges (his partner from 1851 to 1856). His pupil and assistant was John Francis Bentley, with whom he built the RC Church of St Francis of Assisi, Notting Hill, London (1859-60). Clutton was responsible for the heavy Romanesque cloister at the Birmingham Oratory (1860).