1858 – St Saviour’s Church, Dominick Street, Dublin
St Saviour’s Church is perhaps the finest church by J.J McCarthy in Dublin even though it was never completed as planned. A proposed tower and spire was never started, the money being used instead to build the adjoining monastery designed by John Loftus Robinson in 1885.
There is a fine interior, though now lacking many of its original features due to re-organisation after the second Vatican Council. A fine nave with aisles and side chapels leads to a polygonal apse.