1887 – Sunningdale Church, Berkshire
Perspective View including ground plan published in The Architect, May 28th 1887. By 1880 the population of Sunningdale had almost outgrown their existing church constructed in 1840, so in 1887 it was decided to rebuild the Nave, to provide extra capacity, and also commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. The architect was Mr. J. Oldrid Scott. The work was completed largely through the generous assistance of Sir William Farmer of Coworth Park. The foundation stone was laid at the West end of the church, immediately above the original stone, on the 13th June 1887, by H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, later to become King Edward the VII. The Spire was not completed until 1890.