1909 – Carnegie Library, Malahide, Co. Dublin
An elaborately gabled red brick Library, the Carnegie Library was built in 1909 at a cost of £1000. Andrew Carnegie, a Scottish multi-millionaire, donated huge amounts of money for the building and stocking of libraries across the UK and Ireland. It was taken over by Dublin Co. Council in 1976. The upper floor with its high ceiling and windows has often been used for social events for the surrounding town.