1882 – Railway Station, Brookmount, Co. Antrim
Characteristic design of William H. Mills for the Great Northern Railway. The line between Knockmore Junction and Antrim opened in 1871 with intermediate stations, halts and calling places at Brookmount, Brookhill. Meeting House, Ballinderry, Legatiriff, Glenavy, Crumlin, Aldergrove and Millar’s Bridge. It closed to passengers in 1960 but remained open for cross-Border freight trains to/from Londonderry. The line is now “mothballed” with no immediate prospect of re-opening.