1611 – North Gate, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim
Lord Deputy Sir Arthur Chichester enclosed Carrickfergus with stone walls from 1611 onwards and more than half the circuit is still visible, often to its full height of 4 metres to the wall walk.
The walls were completed by arond 1615. After falling into decay, the last remaining gate, the North Gate was restored during the Victorian era. Also known as Spittal Gate.