1738 – St. Finn Barre’s Cathedral, Cork
Built to replace a decaying medieval cathedral, it retained the tower and spire of the old cathedral. Completed in 1738, it was demolished in 1865 to make way for the present cathedral by William Burges. It was funded by a 5-year tax on coal, levied by Cork Corporation. The interior has a panelled ceiling resting on Ionic scagliola pillars, with galleries on Doric columns. The choir was lighted by a Venetian window surrounded with decorative stucco by Paolo & Filippo Lafranchini.