1866 – Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Wicklow
Still in use today, it was described at the time of its completion as a ‘very neat little church’. The yellow Dublin brick is contrasted by the jambs and bands of Belfast and Enniscorthy red brick.
“We give with this number an illustration of a small Wesleyan Chapel about being erected at Wicklow, from the designs of Mr. W. Fogerty, architect. The dimensions are 51 feet by 22 feet in the clear. A portion of the space is cut off at the entrance end to form a classroom and porch, with an end gallery over. This space may be readily thrown into the chapel at any time, and a separate porch and classroom added. The materials to be county Dublin brick, with red brick bauds at intervals ; and dressings of Dalkey granite sparingly used. The accommodation is 150 at presant, but may be increased to 180 in the manner slated above.” Published in The Dublin Builder, February 15 1866.