1766 – Kilshannig House, Fermoy, Co. Cork
The entrance is of rose red brick while the other fronts are of cut sandstone with limestone dressings. The brick facade has a mezzanine floor, segmental headed windows, a fine tripartite stone centerpiece with blind occuli and a round-headed niche on the upper floor.
This seven-bay block is attached to a pair of square pavilions by straight single-storied narrow links on the garden front. The pavilions are linked back to the main front by curved walls. This leaves the house with two enclosed courtyards.
The house was in pretty poor condition when purchased in 1960 by the parents of the current owner. Due to his hard work, and the efforts of the current owners, the house has been restored. Architectural details from the pavilions including missing cupolas have also been restored.
The interior has a collection of fine 18th century rooms with decorative plasterwork executed by the Lafrancini brothers. Most notable is the hallway, and the double height saloon which occupies the centre of the garden front.